Home | Downloads | Sitemap
Engineering
IT/ITES
GIS
Exports
Ports
Power
Steel
SEZ
Real Estate

Search Navayuga
 
Ports Print This Page
  • Indian major ports handled cargo over 463 million tonnes in 2006-07, 9.5% increase over last year
  • 80% of the port traffic by volume is dry and liquid bulk, remaining 20% is general cargo, including containers  
  • Containerised cargo has grown at a rate of 15% p.a. over the last 5 years
  • Cargo handled by Major Ports has increased by 10.4% p.a. over last 3 years  
  • Major ports handle 74% of the total traffic

Clearly, ports are the next big thrust for infrastructure development in the country. The Group is bringing out a Major Port in Krishnapatnam which will be the largest privately owned and managed in the country. In addition, we are setting up ports in Astranga in Orissa and Cuddalore in Tamil Nadu.

http://www.krishnapatnam.com

 
 
Location